Want your call for submissions included on our list?
Email your call-out to [email protected] (do not send your submissions here) Subject line: Call for submissions.
About: Lucky Jefferson is the literary journal that talks back—generating constructive and interactive conversations around poetry, art, and publishing; redefining publication page by page. They live for poets/writers who have never been published, especially those who sought to pursue poetry and writing later in life. Lucky Jefferson represents the people and firmly believes that marginalized voices deserve a better platform.
Submissions are open for their 7th Issue, Cookout, in search of unpublished poetry (no line limit but shorter poems are encouraged), flash fiction, and food-inspired art that describes what you would bring to their cookout.
Guidelines: For the upcoming Print Issue, Cookout Topics may include:
- games / entertainment
- Send no more than 3 poems in a submission. Separate poems by page break.
- No more than 1000 words for flash fiction.
- Include a short and sweet cover page highlighting: your name, email address, mailing address, and bio (third-person, 50 words max).
- No translations or work that has been previously published in print or online.
- Please absolutely no sexually explicit poems or works highlighting extreme violence, racism, antisemitism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, insta poems or love poems. They are not interested in printing romance unless it offers a unique perspective.
- $2 Submission Fee
Find more details about how to properly submit at https://luckyjefferson.com/submit/
Deadline: Submit HERE by June 15th, 2021