Want your call for submissions included on our list?
Email your call-out to [email protected] (do not send your submissions here) Subject line: Call for submissions.
About: Hindsight is a snapshot of 2020, written by people just like you. They are soliciting true stories from people around the world that capture the lives we lived this year. Stories of grief, pain, isolation, empowerment, and — if you can find it — hope.
Hindsight’s content will be available in two forms: Most stories will be shared on their website; the very best submissions will be compiled into a print anthology, which will be published in 2021.
- Length: Up to 2,000 words
- Stories must be previously unpublished.
- Stories must be written in English.
- All submission materials should include the writer’s first and last name in the file name (e.g. “LAST NAME_FIRST NAME.docx).
- Your story must be true – How you tell your story is up to you, but facts are facts.
- Your story must be yours – We are looking for firsthand accounts — not works of journalism. Pseudonyms are prohibited. (For tips on how to handle sensitive information, see our FAQs.)
- Your story must be specific to 2020 – A story about finding your life partner is heartwarming, but not the right fit for this book; however, a story about finding your life partner during quarantine is a perfect fit.
- Your story must be focused – We recommend writing about a specific event, experience, or emotion from 2020. We do not recommend summarizing the entire year in your story.
- Your story must be a narrative – Narratives have a beginning, a middle, and an end — though not necessarily in that order.
Deadlines: Deadline is on a rolling basis, SUBMIT HERE
If you have any questions email [email protected]