Want your call for submissions included on our list?
Email your call-out to [email protected] (do not send your submissions here) Subject line: Call for submissions.
About: TL;DR is a collection of zines that use design and illustration to make inquiries about visual culture. The archive will live in a reading room at the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts at Washington University in St. Louis and a repository at the D. B. Dowd Modern Graphic History Library. Soon there will be a virtual catalog and a traveling exhibition (check back here). The goal is to create a resource for scholarship in design and illustration through formats that are also designed and illustrated.
TL;DR Zine Archive will accept zines in the following subject areas:
- Critical experiments with the form of the zine
- Blind spots and counter-narratives in design and illustration discourse
- Critiques of form, theory, or existing works
- In-progress scholarship (i.e.: annotated bibliographies, zine-length articles, visual essays)
- Design/illustration fictions or works that imagine possible futures
- Radical pedagogy in design and illustration
- Social activism through design and illustration
Submissions must be self-published or published by small or micro-presses.
Have a finished zine? Apply here by Oct 21, 2021: tinyurl.com/CallForZines
Have a proposal for a zine that you will make? Complete the submission form at tinyurl.com/CallForZines by Oct 21, 2021 with an abstract of your zine in progress. Accepted proposals will need to be completed by Dec 31, 2021.
Deadline: Submit HERE by October 21, 2021