Your Upper Vermillion Deserves Better
For many of us, lips become a battleground during a cold winter — peeling cracks and craters galore. This easy scrub can help you shed all the crud that accrues in these cruel months.
- Rough, unprocessed sugar (help yourself to some packets at Starbucks!) or brown sugar
- Honey – Raw, local honey can be extra good since it’s from the same climate — but it’s also pricey, the old plastic honey bear will do
- Essential oils – optional, but lavender or other oils give a nice smell and some reduce swelling
Here’s what to do
- Roughly mix a spoonful of sugar and a spoonful of honey.
- Add a few drops of essential oil if you like. Rub it well and in circular motions for two minutes, preferably over a sink so you can really go wild.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and apply some lip balm or salve right after.
Play around with ingredients — any fat like coconut oil, shea butter, almond oil will do for the base, and coffee grounds can sub in for the sugar. Tag us in your concoctions ~ @brokenpencilmag on all the things!